LLTI Archives

October 2008, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:03:48 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Kirkpatrick, Trip" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Kirkpatrick, Trip" <[log in to unmask]>
>To:  Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum
<[log in to unmask]>,        Calico discussion list
>Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:01:40 -0400
>Subject: Position Announcement :: Yale Center for Language Study
>acceptlanguage: en-US

(Please forgive the cross-posting.)

At the Center for Language Study at Yale University, we're
looking for a user-focused web developer to join the CLS's
Technology and Project Development group to work with a variety
of multilingual instructional and administrative applications.
You'll engage in client/user interaction, programming, visual and
database design, and more, but not all on your own. We're a very
fluid organization, and we value smart, creative, and disciplined
people who are able and willing to help out wherever necessary. We
will not hire you as a developer and ask you to be a gofer.
Instead, on some projects you will need to take on more work with
user goals discovery while on others you'll code to someone else's
spec. On some projects you may need to go end-to-end, including
managing acceptance discussions. You need to be able to work with
minimal supervision, since none of us is just a supervisor - we
all get our hands dirty in projects.

************************
Application: For more information and immediate consideration,
please apply online at http://yale.edu/jobs/ -- the requisition ID
for this position is 5808BR.

Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and
strongly encourages applications from women and members of
underrepresented minority groups.
************************

Looking forward to a flood of applications,
Trip

--
Trip Kirkpatrick
Interim Manager, Technology and Project Development

e: [log in to unmask]
w: http://www.cls.yale.edu/

skype/twitter: tripst3r

Teaching