LLTI Archives

October 2008, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:51:57 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Primov, Rachida S." <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Primov, Rachida S." <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum
>Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:10:09 -0400
>Subject: RE: #8986 Receiving TV-5 and other programming at Satellite 118.7
>acceptlanguage: en-US

Dear Leslie,

We went through the same problem last year.

The total cost was 751.00  for the new satellite location adjustment. The
satellite itself was $101.00, and installation, system calibration, etc... was
650.00.

The reason we went with a smaller separate satellite for that new position was
that we already had a dish with three LNBs, so we would have just been replacing
it with another dish with three LNBs which is much more expensive (I think it
was around $450...). I decided that we should also keep the original one just in
case Dish Network decides to change any channels back to the old position in the
future. Because then we would be back in the same position of having to replace
out a big dish again.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Rachida

Rachida Salama Primov
Senior Lecturer in French
The Eleonore Graves Tripp Modern Languages Laboratory and Tutorial Writing
Center, Director
Outreach Program Coordinator
University of Miami
Phone: 305-284-8592