LLTI Archives

October 2008, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:54:09 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Graul, Leslie" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Receiving TV-5 and other programming at Satellite 118.7
>Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:25:03 -0400
>From: "Graul, Leslie" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

I'm wondering how much others have had to spend to upgrade from existing
Dishnet equipment to receive TV-5 and other programs recently relocated
to a new satellite.  This satellite is located at 118.7.

I am told that purchase and installation of the dish and LNB will be
somewhere in the neighborhood of $700 - $800.  According to what I can
find on line, we need a Dish 500+ or Dish 1000+ (which are no longer
available) dish with a circular FSS LNB.  Checking costs of purchase of
these items, if I understand correctly, they could total under $150.  I
would then guess that I'd be charged around $600 for installation.  Of
that $600, would I guess that around $200 would be for parts?

Leslie Graul
Director, Instructional Media Services
Thiel College
724-589-2853