LLTI Archives

October 2008, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:07:12 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Hajime JIM Kumahata <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Hajime JIM Kumahata <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: SOCALLT 2009 - Call for Papers
>Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:31:36 -0500

South Central Association for Language Learning Technology (SOCALLT)

CALL FOR PAPERS

SOCALLT 2009:  Language Learning 2.0: Linking People to the World

Conference website: < http://www.socallt.org/Conferences/>

SOCALLT welcomes submission of presentation proposals for its 2009
annual conference.  The deadline for submissions is Friday, November
29, 2008.

SOCALLT 2009 will be held at Southwestern University in Georgetown,
Texas (near Austin) on February 13-14 (Friday & Saturday), 2009.  The
South Central Association for Language Learning Technology invites
SOCALLT/IALLT members and other language teaching professionals who
use instructional technologies (including foreign languages, heritage
languages, ESL and ASL) to participate in our next annual meeting.
Proposals should address issues and innovations in technology-enhanced
language instruction.  We encourage participation not only from
colleagues at universities, but also community colleges and K-12
educators. SOCALLT regularly publishes proceedings of the conferences
(search in amazon.com under "SOCALLT"), and all presenters are
encouraged to submit their presentations in writing for publication in
the proceedings.

SOCALLT <http://www.socallt.org> is an affiliate of IALLT, comprising
the six-state region of Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico,
Oklahoma, and Texas.

The proposal must include Name of presenter(s), affiliation,
presentation type (individual or joint presentations for 30 minutes,
demonstrations for 30 minutes, workshops for 1 hour, and panel
discussions for 30-60 minutes), title, and 200-word abstract.  Please
submit your proposal(s) by email and/or snail mail to:

Hajime Kumahata
President, South Central Association for Language Learning Technology
Language Resource Center
MS37 P.O. Box 1892
Rice University
Houston, TX 77251-1892