LLTI Archives

October 2008, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:13:55 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Gavin Ng <[log in to unmask]> ---

Dear LLTI Community,

We are very pleased to send to you the press release launch of WebSwami 1.0,
a new online language and communications training system that integrates
with existing LMS's.

WebSwami is the first language teaching system of its kind to integrate
direct webcam recording for course development, online activities and
instructor feedback.  It$E2s also the first online system to include a pitch
measuring spectrograph (rhythm & stress included too), to greatly improve
pronunciation of any language.  Other features include many easy-to-create
interactive activities, including video matching and real-time conversation
simulations.

Our website can be found at: http://www.webswami.com

Should you wish to contact us for more information please email
[log in to unmask] or call us on +852 2893 0777.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Kind regards

Gavin Ng
Lead Developer & Designer
WebSwami
Suite 12A, 211 Johnston Road
Wanchai
Hong Kong

Tel: +852 2893 0777	Fax: +852 2856 0735

[log in to unmask]		www.webswami.com

Breaking the Barriers in Language and Distance Learning $F6 Armstrong-Hilton
Launches WebSwami 1.0

Hong Kong - Oct. 16, 2008 - Armstrong-Hilton Limited, the language and
communications training company, today announced the launch of WebSwami 1.0.

WebSwami is an innovative online language and communications training
system, combining compelling interactive activities, personalized video
feedback, rapid course development tools, and a powerful student tracking
interface.  The system offers the best of both worlds: new innovations in
e-learning with the personalization and intimacy of the traditional
teacher-student classroom relationship.

Built on Adobe$E2s Flash Technology, WebSwami incorporates enhanced popular
e-learning activities as well as a number of unique features:

$F0	Straight-to-Server WebCam Video Recording - Both instructor and learner
benefit from unique video recording capabilities, used for creating
activities and giving performance feedback, and practicing realistic
real-time simulations respectively.

$F0	Voice Graph - WebSwami includes a spectrograph which highlights changes in
voice intonation as well as the more traditional stress fluctuations,
resulting in more accurate pronunciation, effective subtle expression and
increased fluency.

$F0	Centralized Student Tracking - Instructors access unmarked exercises from
all assigned lessons and courses in one centralized list, ordered by
submission time $F6 saving time and ensuring prompt review/feedback.

$F0	Personalized Feedback - Video, audio and text feedback messages, from all
courses and instructors, are delivered to the learner as soon as they log-in
through a centralized message in-box to help maintain motivation and promote
language self-awareness.  Also, for the first time, enabling instructors to
incorporate gestures and physical demonstrations, making e-learning as
natural as classroom teaching.

$F0	Easy Course Creation - All instructors are empowered to create material
quickly and easily by using the straight-to-server webcam recording
capability, 1-click activity generation and a centralized course management
system.

WebSwami's lead developer and designer, Gavin Ng said, "By using Flash
Multimedia & video recording, we've taken the next leap forward in language
and communications training.  So far other systems have avoided integrating
video recording, perhaps due to technical difficulty or believing video is
inappropriate for learning spoken language.   In contrast, we believe video
is the missing ingredient in making online training more effective, more
personal, and most importantly - more motivating; especially when you take
into account how poor completion and retention rates generally are in
e-learning.$E4

According to Managing Director, Peter Day, "With the release of WebSwami,
not only are we making our mark on the training industry, we are enabling
educators to make a greater impact on learners with cutting edge video and
multimedia technology, 24/7 online course and audio/video support (without
needing instructors on standby) and by making any classroom practice
benefits available even to distance learners, thus increasing revenue and
reach."

"Organizations also benefit from a much lower cost of entry.  The web is
much larger in scale than traditional language labs, so we$E2re offering the
freedom of affordable perpetual licenses for hundreds to even infinite
concurrent users; freeing institutions from annual renewal headaches and
backward restrictions.  With Flash being ubiquitous on every web browser,
learners can really OElearn-on-the-go$E2 with zero hardware investment.$E4  When
pressed for expectations about this launch, Mr Day replied $E3In early demos
our customers have been stunned by the interactivity and ease of the system;
so much so that that they$E2ve even seen applications beyond our initial
designs, such as communications, sales and product training, and even
dramatic arts and sign language learning.   So the next few months will be
very exciting, as we roll out even more features for WebSwami.$E4

To learn more about WebSwami and to arrange a demonstration please visit
www.webswami.com or contact Mr Gavin Ng at [log in to unmask] or on (+852)
2893-0777.

About Armstrong-Hilton Limited
For over a decade Armstrong-Hilton has trained and developed in-house
training applications for its clients which include universities,
governments, public bodies and multinational corporations from the
Asia-Pacific region.

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.