LLTI Archives

October 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 14:17:21 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Anthony Helm <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Anthony Helm <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: Gong
>Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:15:56 -0400

Hi Bill,

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing. Just this fall at
Clark University, where I had been working, we made the switch to
Moodle and decided to use the Nanogong add-in to give us a Wimba-like
solution without the cost. All of our testing looked very good, but I
can't add anything beyond that now that I am here at Dartmouth. In
particular, I'm curious about the load on the server and the CMS web
page if there are many instances of Nanogong on the page for a
language course.

Cheers,
Anthony

Anthony Helm, Director
Arts and Humanities Resource Center
Dartmouth College
6192 Bartlett Hall
Hanover, NH 03755-3530

Phone: +1-603-646-8180
Fax: +1-603-646-2712

On Oct 8, 2008, at 12:04 AM, LLTI automatic digest system wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are exploring the possibility of using Gong as an add-on to our
> CMS.
> I'd appreciate it if you could share your experiences with this
> software.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill Koulopoulos
> ---