MACSCRPT Archives

October 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:41:40 -0600
On Oct 10, 2008, at 10:33 AM, Mark Lively wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2008, at 12:15 PM, Chuck Pelto wrote:
>
>> This is the first time I've done any serious AppleScripting in FMP9.
>>
>> I'm finding that the call for Current Record doesn't work like it
>> used to. Used to be it returned a record ID. Now it returns a
>> 'record' of all the fields in the current layout.
>>
>> What's the call necessary to get the record ID again? Something I
>> can use to say...
>>
>> Set cell myCell of current record to "FUBAR"
>>
>> Regards
>>

> tell application "FileMaker Pro" to get ID of current record
>
> You can what you have as well.
>
> tell application "FileMaker Pro" to set cell "priority" of current
> record to 4

Sorry, but that doesn't work.

I said....

tell application "FileMaker Pro Advanced"

	set recID to ID of current record

	set cell "Title" of current record to "FUBAR"

end tell

And I got this error message....

FileMaker Pro Advanced got an error: Couldn't handle this command
because it wasn't part of the current transaction.

Chuck
P.S. I reported, erroneously, that I got a 'record' of all the fields
in the current layout when I sent a call like, Set currRec to current
record. It truth, I get a LIST of all the cells contents. Not a
'record'.