MACSCRPT Archives

October 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Paul Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:25:48 -0400
RJay,

	Yes, Leopard has Applescript 2.0. I'm running 2.0.1. I find a lot of
issues writing on 10.5 and delivering to clients on 10.4 and below.

	The -1728 is an unhandled case of only a separator in the read data
on an un-even loop. I didn't think that should happen, but what about
italicized underscores!

	The -1700 error looks to me like I failed to properly parenthetically
group some text coercions. I suppose the handling is different under
AS 1.10.7 and AS 2.0.1. I wrapped a lot of them up to see if that was
the issue.

EDIT: Ah I caught Mark's reply before I sent. So it doesn't like the
"at text on the write line? hmmm... Still, it may be the coercion on
that line getting confused.

Fixed and replaced on my public folder.

Paul