LLTI Archives

September 2008, Week 5

From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:55:00 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Chris Meyer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:43:12 -0400
>From: Chris Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8933.10 (!) Skype recording

Hi Steven,

I just tried the newest version of Supertintin (when we first evaluated
it, it didn't have the option of recording both streams), and discovered
that most players are unable to play both recorded streams. Windows
Media Player only shows the remote video feed for me, and Quicktime
tells me it can't even play the video. However, when I watch the video
from within VLC (videolan.org), I see both feeds just fine (in separate
windows, even, so they can be scaled and moved separately).

-Chris Meyer
Programmer/Analyst
Yale Center for Language Study