LLTI Archives

September 2008, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:14:53 -0400
Greetings everyone,
    Just a reminder that we are looking for presenters for our
October 24th meeting at University of Massachusetts Boston.  The
website is http://www.nerallt.unh.edu/meeting/index.html   The topic
is "Changing Times, Changing Spaces:  Fitting the Space (concrete,
virtual or blended) to the Learning.  The original call is below, but
we are looking for proposals on how you carried out your renovation
planning, who composed your planning committee, or how you reach out
to faculty and students for their input.  If you are moving to a
virtual environment what does that mean in terms of real space?  How
would you describe your virtual presence - a website, learning
management system, or Web 2.0 tools like podcasting?

If your services have changed how has this impacted the design of
your facility?  Do you do workshops on technology or pedagogy? Do you
support a variety of users, in addition to language students and
faculty?  Have the skill sets that your staff need to run the
facility changed?  Do they need to be out on the floor so they no
longer have closed office space.   If you have collaborative learning
spaces for students what are they like?  How was (or will) your
renovation be funded?

These are just some of the topics we would encourage you to submit.
We're hoping to see how our facilities are changing to meet changing
demands.

Please note the deadline is September 30th - just over a week away.
(And registration fee is waived for all presenters.)

Hope to hear from you,

Ruth Trometer
Program Chair

  ---------------------------------
Changing Times, Changing Spaces:  Fitting the Space (concrete,
virtual or blended) to the Learning

Call for Presentations

The New England Regional Association for Language Learning Technology
(NERALLT) will hold its fall meeting on Friday, October 24, 2008 at
the University of Massachusetts, Boston.  However, our membership and
biannual meetings are open to all who wish to present or participate.

We invite presentations on such issues as new study areas for
students, learning center design issues, needs assessment, and useful
tools in planning design.  Presentations will be approximately 45
min. in length, including a Q&A section.  We are also planning
electronic poster sessions where ongoing demos will be held for 50
minutes, allowing people time to move from station to station
approximately every 10-15 minutes.  Some demonstrations appropriate
for this venue would be web applications useful in planning or a
guided tour of your newly designed facility.

Email abstracts or address questions to Ruth Trometer, Program Chair,
at [log in to unmask] .  The deadline for submissions is September 30,
2008.

In addition to the abstract, please include the following information:

Name

Institution

Title

E-mail address