LLTI Archives

September 2008, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:10:51 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Peter Lafford <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Peter Lafford <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum
>Disposition-Notification-To: Peter Lafford <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:59:55 -0700
>Subject: RE: #8948 experience with itouch?
>acceptlanguage: en-US

Franziska Lys ([log in to unmask]) presented on this at CALICO in San
Francisco in March.  (Here's the entry in the program: In Touch with the iPod
Touch; Franziska Lys
This presentation highlights an advanced German class in which students
regularly used an iPod Touch to develop vocabulary and oral communication skills
using the method of shared inquiry. Since the shared inquiry method is a group
process in which participants explore together the meaning of a literary work,
the iPod touch with its new features was an ideal tool to use shared inquiry for
film and video material. During the presentation, the following tasks will be
discussed, among others: learner-centered vocabulary development, building
factual knowledge through shared listening, using visual information to
encourage building opinions, and providing supporting evidence.)

  I suggest you drop her a note.  And she's in your neighborhood, too!

Academic Computing Professional &
Computing Director, Specialized Labs
Arizona State University at the Downtown Phoenix campus
Office: UCENT L1-69 / Ph: 602-496-0644 / Cell: 480-330-1461