LLTI Archives

September 2008, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:10:40 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Patricia Early" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:26:38 -0400
>From: "Patricia Early" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>Subject: Re: #8948 experience with itouch?

Hi,
Unfortunately, the iTouch doesn't come with an integrated microphone, so you
would need to investigate accessory mics, as well, for oral recording.

You might want to look into the Nokia n800 or n810 instead.  These are handheld
wireless tablet computers that run on an opensource platform.  They have
integrated mics, speakers, and webcams.

Trish Early

Patricia N. Early
Language Lab Coordinator
Department of Modern and Classical Languages
Georgia State University
404-413-5987

-Information is neither good nor bad.  It is either welcomed or unwelcomed
depending upon whether it is timely or untimely.

>>> LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]> 9/25/2008 3:39 PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from "Rott, Susanne" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:10:18 -0500 (CDT)
>Subject: experience with itouch?
>From: "Rott, Susanne" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]

Hello all,
does anybody have experience with the use of itouch in classroom
instruction or for student projects outside the classroom?

We are looking for a small device that can connect to the internet and
perhaps record students' oral production. It should be a device that can
be easily set up by an instructor and passed out so that each student has
one. (for example, each student looks up the whether of a different city)

Do you have any experience with the type of instructional activities your
instructors use such devices for?

Thank you,
susanne

Susanne Rott
Associate Professor and German Language Program Director
Language and Culture Learning Center Director
Language Center MC 042
703 S. Morgan Street
Chicago, Il 60607
312-996-2119