LLTI Archives

September 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 18:57:11 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Jaime A. Orrego" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 10:18:09 -0500
>From: "Jaime A. Orrego" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8923 Pearson's My Spanish Lab

Susan,

Here at Illinois Wesleyan we have started using MSL with "Arriba" and
"Atando Cabos" this semester.  The "Arriba" version seems to be working
better so far which I understand since it has been out for a year if I
am not mistaken.  I have found some "bugs" with the "Atando Cabos"
version, and I don't like the fact that the e-book is incomplete.

The main problem we have had so far is that is not fully supported by
Safari 3.1.2 therefore some of my students need to go to a PC lab.

I think in the future, when they fixed most of the problems, would work
great.  I have even created some quizzes for my students to do this
semester.  We'll see how they go.

If you want to, you could e-mail me (call me) and we could share our
experiences in more detail.

Thank you.

Jaime.

LLTI-Editor wrote:
> --- Forwarded Message from "Breeyear, Susan" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>

>> Subject: Pearson's My Spanish Lab
>> Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 08:08:10 -0400
>> From: "Breeyear, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

> Hi,
> Anybody out there using Pearson's "MySpanishLab" or other Pearson online
> language courses?  We just started using it and would like to know what
> issues other labs have found with it--so far the toolbars blocking
> popups (on student-owned computers) have been quite a problem for our
> classes.
>
> Regards,
> Susan Breeyear, Asst. Director
> Instructional Technology Services
> Box C, One Winooski Park
> Saint Michaels College
> Colchester, VT 05439
> (802) 654-2821

> LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
> Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language
> Teaching
> and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).
> Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
> Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

Jaime A. Orrego

Spanish Language Coordinator

Language Resource Center Coordinator

Illinois Wesleyan University