LLTI Archives

September 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 18:41:05 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Hakan Rudy Seber <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 15:02:30 -0400
>From: Hakan Rudy Seber <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Fwd: #8921 Fusion question

Hi David,

We have a bunch of machines using VMware there is no real Do's and
Don'ts its very very easy to install in fact very automated. In fact
what I did, is setup one machine with the virtual machine XP. Setup XP
exactly how you want it, install all the programs you want etc. Then you
can just copy that virtual machine onto the other machines running
VMware and you have a preconfigured Windows Setup.
Also make sure you enable read & write privileges (if you want them)
between your mac and your pc so that you can easily move items from your
PC to the Mac and vice versa.

Honestly there is not much else. The world of Virtualization is really
awesome and fast.

Sincerely,

Hakan Rudy Seber
Technology Coordinator
Boston University CELOP
890 Commonwealth Ave, 253
Boston, MA 02215
617-358-2499
FAX: 617-353-6195
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.bu.edu/celop
CELOP is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation.
Accreditation by CEA signifies that an English language program or institution
has met nationally accepted standards of excellence and assures students and
their sponsors that the English language instruction and related services will
be of the highest quality.