LLTI Archives

September 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 18:41:12 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Roberto Perez <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:17:00 -0400
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Roberto Perez <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Lending library software

Hi all,

We are reviewing/revising/updating our policies and procedures for
our AV library materials (CDs, DVDs, lab workbooks, etc.) to
determine how we could improve our management process (searching
inventory, lending, etc.). We are looking for recommendations for a
free/open source library management application, preferably in PHP
(since we have other applications developed in-house with PHP).

We've found a few applications (and they all look good enough "on
paper"), but if there is any application in particular that you have
used or have implemented, and you have positive or negative comments
about it, we would appreciate your opinions.

Thank you for sharing, and have a great day.

Roberto Perez Galluccio, PhD
Director,
Foreign Language Resource Center
College of Liberal Arts