MACSCRPT Archives

September 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Mark J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:54:20 -0400
If theText is

Here's some text with underscores (_like this_).

Then the first underscore is at text position 36, but is contained
within word 6.  I'm guessing that beginItal holds the former value,
not the latter, so you want "set text beginItal thru endItal of
theText", not "set words ...".  (Setting words would also replace the
entire words "(_like" and "this_)" rather than leaving the parentheses
alone.)

--
Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>