LLTI Archives

August 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:47:00 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Janel Brennan-Tillmann" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Janel Brennan-Tillmann" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"
>Subject: ISO: recommendations for mp3 players + portable speakers
>Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:52:05 -0400

Hello,

One of our programs would like to purchase some portable audio players to
easily store and play their course audio materials to use in class.  It
seems to me they would need the player and then a set of portable speakers.
Just curious as to what you are all using and what you would recommend.
I've heard good things about the iRiver & Creative devices but I am also
interested in finding some speakers that will give enough sound for a
traditional class of 25-30 students.  We do have one set of the JBL on Tour
speakers that give a great sound, just wondering if there are other devices
we should be looking at that are being used happily on other campuses.

Thanks in advance for the info!

-Janel

Janel Brennan-Tillmann, Coordinator
Language Instructional Technology
School of Languages, Literatures and Cultures
3215 Jimenez Hall, College Park MD 20782
301-405-6927

http://www.languages.umd.edu

Language Learning Technology (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for
Language Teaching and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).