LLTI Archives

August 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:32:53 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Toulouse, Mary T" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Toulouse, Mary T" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8898 vista lab deployment
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:46:46 -0400

Hello again,
Answering some of my own questions: We have made some progress since my last
call for help; we found this really neat tutorial that explains all of
Microsoft's explanations and puts everything in one nutshell:
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Deploying-Vista-Understandin
g-Windows-AIK.html

We have resolved some issues:
--it helped to upgrade to Ghost 11 (no wonder we couldn't do anything; we were
using version 8!)
--And we stopped trying to combine Microsoft's own imaging software with that
of Ghost's.

Since we are familiar with Ghost, we are going to use it for the time being.
 Then we will try out Microsoft's version, which is free for the time being.

I hope this is of some help to those of you who are spending their summer
trying to figure out Vista, which, by the way, I'm looking forward to using.

Mary