LLTI Archives

August 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:32:42 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Deanne Cobb-Zygadlo <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Deanne Cobb-Zygadlo <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8902 3rd sem. college French online
>Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:29:59 -0600

You could check into University of Athabasca (Athabasca, Alberta,
Canada) - http://www.athabascau.ca/cll/french_courses.php.  There are
a couple of things of note though.  It looks like they complete their
introductory course in 2 semesters and begin a new book in the 3rd
semester.  The nice thing about Athabasca though is that students can
sign up to complete a course, and if they complete it in a month, they
can move on to the next one eventhough the semester is 4 months.  So
the student could look at doing both the 2nd semester course and the
3rd semester course if they wanted.

The other thing of note is that they appear to have a strong focus on
Canadian French culture (not unusual) over France French culture (not
unusual for Canadian French courses).

Deanne