LLTI Archives

July 2008, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 03:35:01 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Stacey Powell" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:08:23 -0500
>From: "Stacey Powell" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Integrated Chinese Multimedia Companion

Hello all,

Is anyone using the Integrated Chinese Level 1, Part 1 Multimedia
Companion Version 1.2 from Cheng & Tsui?  It is a CD-ROM and we are
trying to figure out the best way to use it in our Windows language lab.
 It can be copied to our image, however, the program has some speaking
activities that require a connection to www.iwillspeak.com.  The
software recommends the installation of the free Flash Communication
Server MX - but that program no longer seems to exist.  Without that,
users must connect to the internet and they get an error message from
Adobe Flash Player that requires them to allow access to the site via a
settings change on the Adobe website.  Once they do this, the setting
change seems to stick in their profile, but if they log onto a different
machine in the lab, they must go through the same process all over
again.  Has anyone figured out a way to get around this problem?  We are
just beginning our Chinese program and would like for the user
experience to be a little less complicated.

Thanks,
Stacey

Stacey L. Powell
Director, Foreign Language Multimedia Center
College of Liberal Arts
6030 Haley Center
Auburn University, AL 36849

334-844-6381