LLTI Archives

July 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:11:18 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Samantha Earp" <[log in to unmask]> ---

(with apologies for cross-posting)

Dear colleagues,

I am writing in hopes you can help me assist one of my colleagues here
in the Perkins Library at Duke. Her name is Linda Daniel, and she is a
reference & digital resources librarian who has recently taking on
responsibility for linguistics, which at Duke includes language
learning resources. Linda would like to determine what language
learning software might provide an effective experience for a
self-paced learner while also being suitable for the library
circulation model, in which the patron does not own the
software/license but is able to use it for a brief amount of time. We
have somewhat of a bias for Web-based materials, but would be willing
to look at more traditional CD-based models if we could find something
appropriate.

If you have any experience or recommendations in this area that you
are willing to share, please write me or Linda off-list
([log in to unmask]). We would be happy to provide a summary
afterwards.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Best,
Samantha

Samantha Earp
2008 Fellow, Frye Institute
Head, Instructional Media & Language Technology Services
CIT Project Manager, Duke Digital Initiative
Duke Center for Instructional Technology
Language Learning Technology (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for
Language Teaching and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.