MACSCRPT Archives

July 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:07:14 -0400
I can write a script that says

Tell appliatiion "Filemaker Pro"
set foo to cell "whatever"
end tell
tell app "something"
(do some stuff with foo)
if stuffworked
set itworked to false
end tell
if not itworked
tell application "Filemaker Pro"
do script "something else"
end tell
end if

Inside a Filemaker script you don't tell Filemaker things, so that becomes

set foo to cell "whatever"
tell app "something"
(do some stuff with foo)
if stuffworked
set itworked to false
end tell
if not itworked
do script "something else"
end if
end tell

But if I put that inside a "Perform Applescript" step in a Filemaker
script I get an "object not found" error. It seems the object not
found is the Filemaker script "something else." Didn't give me an
error message on saving the script, though, so it seems to accept the
"do script" command.

How do I call a Filemaker script from an Applescript that's inside a
Filemaker script?
--

Bill Steele