LLTI Archives

June 2008, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:21:25 -0400
Friends,
We are setting up a QT Streaming Server to play full-length movies.  I
have dealt with the legal aspects of this with our university
counsel.  We find that a ways into playing a movie from the server,
the audio begins to work ahead of the video.  This becomes intolerable
before the end of the film.
Here are the specs we are currently using.  Here are the specs we have
tried most  recently.   Any suggestions or directions to work on
appreciated.

* Apple G5 OSX Streaming Server Tiger 10.4.10
* 2 GHz Power PC processor
* 1 GB DDR SDRAM
* OSX 10.4.10
* QuickTime Player 7.1.2
* 80 GB Boot Drive

Current info as pertains to using QuickTime to export files for
streaming:

* QuickTime (.mov file extension)
* H.264 compression
* Compressor Quality: high (multi-pass)