LLTI Archives

June 2008, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:10:54 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Felix Kronenberg <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:46:17 -0700
>Subject: Re: #8869 wireless presenters: mouse controllers and laser pointers
>From: Felix Kronenberg <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

We have several Keyspan Pro presenters and are very happy with them.

http://www.keyspan.com/products/prpro3/

Mac and PC compatible right out of the box. Works from the back of class
rooms. The little joystick is a bit awkward, but it's a presenter and not a
mouse. Right-click works as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Felix

--
Dr. phil. Felix A. Kronenberg
Foreign Language Resource Center

http://flrc.pomona.edu/
http://german.pomona.edu/
http://bootcamp.pomona.edu/

On 6/17/08 10:58 AM, "LLTI-Editor" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from "Kanig, David" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>> Subject: wireless presenters: mouse controllers and laser pointers
>> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:56:34 -0400
>> From: "Kanig, David" <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>
> Do you have experience with wireless presenters--hand-held devices that
> feature remote mouse control and laser pointer by wireless connection to
> a USB receiver?  There are models on the market from Kanguru, Targus,
> Kensington, and others.
>
> Comments would be welcome on points such as:
>
>    * availability of right-click.
>    * compatibility with Mac and Windows.
>    * range.
>    * effectiveness of communication at many angles to the computer.
>    * ergonomics.
>
> Thanks you,
>
> David Kanig
> Manager, Technical Services
> Language Resource Center
> Brown University Box 1935
> Providence, RI 02912

>  LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
> Language Learning Technology (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for
> Language Teaching and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).
> Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
> Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

This message has been scanned by Postini anti-virus software.