LLTI Archives

June 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:33:12 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:20:58 -0600
>From: Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8864 flashcard engines and audio?

You might contact Word Champ <http://www.wordchamp.com>.  They have a
variety of resources for vocabulary building, and in the past, they
have been very interested in collaborating with educators to create
more learning materials.  I have no connection with the company, but
have been impressed by their materials and readiness to try and meet
our program needs.

Derek

--On Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:31 PM -0400 LLTI-Editor
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello.  I am evaluating flashcard engines and was wondering if someone
> could recommend one that includes audio either recorded human audio
> files or computer generated.   Ideally I want the word lists from
> major textbooks with hyperlinks to pronunciation.   Is there such a
> project out there?  i have looked at Flash card Machine and FlashCard
> Exchange so far.

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
Ortega Hall 129, MSC03-2100