MACSCRPT Archives

June 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
BareFeet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:20:14 +1000
Hi Mark,

>> How can I get the recordDate (ie date that the clip was first
>> recorded on a video camera) from a DV video clip?

>> But I can't see anyway to see the recorded date in QuickTime player
>> or the System Events AppleScript dictionary, or the Image Events
>> AppleScript dictionary, or any other way to extract the recordDate
>> programatically.

> QuickTime Player has a very robust dictionary and may be able to
> help you.

Yes I have used it in the past for other movie manipulations, such as
Stitching reference movies from iMovie projects, and was pleasantly
surprised by the depth of the dictionary. QuickTime Player shows many
properties of a movie document, such as dimensions, data rate,
duration etc. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to show the capture date
(aka record date). So a dead end there.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Tom