MACSCRPT Archives

June 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
BareFeet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:25:44 +1000
Hi all,

Short question:

How can I get the recordDate (ie date that the clip was first recorded
on a video camera) from a DV video clip?

More detail:

I have a pile of DV video clips. When I open them in iMovie HD 6 or
CatDV, they can show the recorded date. But I can't see anyway to see
the recorded date in QuickTime player or the System Events AppleScript
dictionary, or the Image Events AppleScript dictionary, or any other
way to extract the recordDate programatically.

The Finder's creation date is a different date since iMovie somewhere
along the way has set it to the date that the footage was dumped from
camera to disk or when the clip was split etc.

My main purpose in doing this is so I can correct the date that iMovie
08 uses for the clips since importing older projects ignores the
recorded date and instead uses the (incorrect) creation date.

Thanks,
Tom
BareFeet