LLTI Archives

May 2008, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 14:25:44 -0400
Tina,

     Have you considered our LangLab PASSPORT solution? It does all that you are
looking for and a great deal more, at a price that I think you will find
extremely compelling (a fraction of Wimba's). Please take a look at
http://www.elanglab.com, and in particular at the How It Works section, which
shows screens of each module and lists its functions. You'll note that LangLab
is a cross-platform solution, eliminating concerns about what sort of computer
students (or faculty) have at home. In our Teacher module one can click on a
Show Stats button that brings up a report showing how much time any student has
spent on any item of any lesson. LangLab allows students to listen, record,
read, write, and use any instructional resource in file form or on a Web page
that the instructor has associated with an item of a lesson. They simply select
a lesson from a menu and click to go from item to item. Instructors can use our
Teacher module to retrieve students' work and provide feedback--comments
inserted at any point in the student's recording (the software notifies the
student when such an instructor-edited version of an item exists), comments or
corrections in students' written work that an instructor can easily bring up in
a word processsor.

     Regards,

     Richard Laden
Dr. Richard A. Laden