LLTI Archives

May 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 16:14:08 -0400
--(11)  from from Trina Marmarelli <[log in to unmask]>

We also use "Integrated Chinese" for the first-year classes. For the
second year, we've been using "The Intermediate Reader of Modern
Chinese," but may be switching to "Integrated Chinese" next year.

Trina

Trina Marmarelli
Foreign Language Instructional Technologist
Reed College
503/517-5531

--(12) from [log in to unmask]

The Language Center at the City College of San Francisco used Integrated
Chinese in the past but switched to a textbook from a major publisher
which is more generous with its audio materials (i.e. free):  If you're
thinking of switching/starting up you might want to look into: Chinese
Link, Level 1 and Level 2 published by Pearson Prentice Hall.  There is
also a website with some nice features like flashcards, audio for the
text (the LC has the workbook audio on its online language lab):

Here's a link to Level 1:

http://wps.prenhall.com/wl_wu_chineselink_1/0,11135,2566509-,00.html

There is also a DVD that goes with the text.

Interested parties can contact me offline and I could refer them to an
instructor who has been using this text for the past year 1/2 for some
feedback.
.

Leslie A. Pahl, Ph.D.
City College of San Francisco
Rosenberg Library/Learning Resource Center
R-205
(415) 452-5555

--(13)  from [log in to unmask]

Dear Sharon,
At UCLA the Department of Asian Languages & Cultures uses the "Integrated
Chinese" series for first- and second-year chinese language instruction.
Sincerely,
Annelie Rugg

--
Annelie Rugg, Ph.D.
Instructional Technology Coordinator and Interim Director

--(14)  from  [log in to unmask]

This is great info, thank you!

Language Learning Technology (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for
Language Teaching and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).