LLTI Archives

May 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 13:56:36 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Thomas Hammond" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 14:02:56 -0400
>From: "Thomas Hammond" <[log in to unmask]>
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Web Developer Position - Harvard University

The Harvard Language Resource Center is looking for a talented,
self-motivated but team-spirited Web developer, comfortable with PHP
and MySQL, eager to learn a variety of new technologies as well.  This
is a 20-hour position with full benefits -- a great opportunity for a
free-lancer who would like the stability of a secure income, generous
paid time off, health, dental, disability, and life insurance,
pension, tuition waiver, etc.  FTE Pay is in the $48,800 - $80,400
range (20 hours = 57 percent of this). Although this is a
professional-level position, one unusual aspect is that we have
negotiated with HR to adjust the FTE seasonally in order to pay more
if special projects or semester startup pressures mean that 20 hours
isn't enough. It's not a tit-for-tat hourly arrangement, but it does
allow a degree of flexibility and fairness that we full-timers
sometimes envy!

Our Center is a congenial, team-oriented place to work and affords
many interesting opportunities to interact with faculty and students.

See the full announcement or apply online at:

http://jobs.harvard.edu/jobs/summ_req?in_post_id=37718

I can also take brief questions via email ([log in to unmask]).

--
Thomas Hammond, Director
Language Resource Center

Language Learning Technology (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for