LLTI Archives

April 2008, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:39:26 -0400
(1)  ------------------------------

from  [log in to unmask]

>Subject: Re: #8831 flash encoding
>From: "Rosarin Adulseranee" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:31:48 -0500

Hello,

You can use the following:

1. Macromedia Flash 8 Video Encoder (this comes with Flash 8 authoring tool)
2. Xilisoft Converter 3 (the quality may not be as good as Flash 8 Video
Encoder)
3. Free online converter >> http://www.movavi.com

Regards,
Ros Adulseranee (Ed.D.)
Multmiedia Programmer,
eLearning Services
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115

(2) -----------------------------

from [log in to unmask]

We've had good luck for conversions to many formats (including flv)
using WinFF (http://www.winff.org) which is a front-end to the open
source ffmpeg encoder(http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu).

Combine those free tools with Jeroen Wijering's free (for non-commerical
use) web-based media player
(http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Player) and we've been able
to easily embed streaming media using a regular web server, or even in
CMS's like WebCT and Blackboard.

--Chris

Christopher Stormer
Director, Language Learning Center
Saint Louis University
Ritter Hall 325
220 North Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103
tel. (314) 977-3644
fax. (314) 977-1495

http://www.slu.edu/colleges/AS/languages

(3) ------------------------

from [log in to unmask]

Hi,
I use http://snosh.net/ for $55.  Had issues (AVI movies upside
down!) with their 1.6 version and had to download the FFDshow codices
from http://www.free-codecs.com/.  SnoshNet email tech support was
fast.  Their Snosh 2 version is working fine.

You get plenty of templates, some of them even have a progress slider
which allows you to rewind easily - a must have for longer FL videos.
Here is one of my video pages for GER business students:
http://www.creighton.edu/~bohlke/gavo/video/SCOLAJamba.html

Snosh exports to FLV and directly to SWF, which I use most of the
time.  You can also export to audio players as well.

Good luck,

Olaf
Creighton U.

(4) -----------------------

from  [log in to unmask]

Allok Video to FLV Converter is a good choice. It's capable of
converting all kinds of video formats into FLV.

(5) --------------------------

from [log in to unmask]

I recommend the free software called "SUPER" (For Windows).  It can
transcode to/from MANY formats, one of which is flv.  The interface is
relatively easy to use for free software, and it works very nicely.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

There are also online media converters (google "online media
converter"), which don't always work so great, but are nice in a
pinch.

-Jason

from [log in to unmask]

There is a Flash Video Encoder that came with the suite I got -
Dreamweaver, Flash, and Fireworks.  That's what I've been using.

Marlene

Language Learning Technology (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for
Language Teaching and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.