LLTI Archives

April 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:51:37 -0400
We've just purchased a variety of Rosetta Stone single copy DVDs for our
Language Learning Resource Center.  While we'd like to be able to loan
the material out to students and staff for home use, the program
requires an installation to be done on the computer before the language
software can be used.  So far I've been holding back on loaning the
packages out because it seems to me that this would be an infringement
of copyright, and consequently have required people using the program to
only use it on our lab computers.  I'd be interested to know if other
schools are loaning this type of software to their campus community
members, and if so, how they justify it in light of copyright laws.

Thanks for your responses!

Regards,
Susan Breeyear, Asst. Director
Instructional Technology Services