LLTI Archives

April 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:05:26 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:37:45 -0600
>From: Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: cheap voice recorder recomendations

I'm looking for recommendations for an inexpensive digital audio voice
recorder.  We want something that instructors can use in their offices,
to record short student interviews at the end of our 202 classes.  We
imagine buying four or five of these, and expect that we will have to
replace a couple a year, due to loss or breakage.

I'm imagining a modern replacement for a cheap audio cassette recorder.
We need a built in microphone and rechargeable or replaceable
batteries.  Stereo recording would be nice, but mono would be
acceptable.  Being able to get the sound files onto a Macintosh in some
way is essential, but no advanced features nor companion editing
software is required.

I'm hoping to find something under $70.  My impression is that new
models appear every day.  I will be grateful for any suggestions and
experiences, good or bad, that you might have had with available
models.

Thanks,

Derek

Derek Roff