LLTI Archives

April 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:05:55 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Richard Dcamp <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:16:19 -0500
>From: Richard Dcamp <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: #8809 Robotel vs. Sanako
>To: LLTI <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Lauren, UWSP and LLTIer's,

I have no experience with Robotel.  We did get a lab-mod two years ago and
installed the Sanako Lab 100 and Study 500.  To date the system is working very
well meeting our needs.  I have noticed this past year that we have some issues
using the international keyboards when we launch the Study application.  Our CLP
(mainly only in Russian and Chinese) students have been using the Lab 100
configuration successfully for their Wimba recording exercises.  We select the
"Listening Comprehension" activity, enable the student's microphone and then
select Student Computer Sound" as the audio source.  So far this has worked
fairly well.  If anyone from SP would like to drive over sometime, I would be
more than happy to allow them to play with our configuration!

Rick

Dr. Richard M. DCamp, Director
Foreign Languages Lab,
DFLL Graduate Coordinator,
President-Elect, Senate of Academic Staff

University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
DFLL - RH 317 & CC 221
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI   54901