LLTI Archives

April 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:55:28 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:41:15 -0400
>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: looking for Second Life session notes from CALICO with IALLT 2008

Hi all,

I'm looking for notes for the following sessions held at last week's CALICO with
IALLT (I have notes for the other Second-Life related sessions.

- Second Language Pragmatics in Second Life: How Learners Navigate Speech Acts
and Their Attitudes Toward Error Correction
- Learning Languages in Virtual Worlds: An Analysis of Use & Potential
- Learn Chinese in Second Life Chinese School
- A Second Life for A Second Language: Is It Worth It?
- Task-Based Language Teaching and Second Life: The Reality of Learning a
Language
- Somewhere Over the Virtual Rainbow: Bridging the Call Communities of Cultura
and Second Life
- Using Second Life to Learn a Second Language: Language Learning in a Virtual
World

Please let me know offline if you have notes you'd be willing to share (I've
already looked at the IALLT Ning).

Thanks so much!
Samantha Earp
Duke University