LLTI Archives

April 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:21:13 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from National Foreign Language Resource Center

>Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:04:37 -1000 (HST)
>From: National Foreign Language Resource Center <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FINAL REMINDER: 2008 SLRF Conference Call for Proposals deadline April
15
>To: [log in to unmask]

Our apologies for any cross-postings . . .

The SLRF 2008 Call for Proposals deadline (April 15) is fast approaching.
Submit your proposal online today!

The Department of Second Language Studies at the University of Hawaii at
Manoa is pleased to announce. . .

CALL FOR PROPOSALS:

31st Annual Second Language Research Forum (SLRF)
October 17-19, 2008
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Honolulu, Hawaii
http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/slrf08/

ONLINE PROPOSAL SUBMISSION SYSTEM OPEN! (See Call for Proposals
section for complete details and instructions for proposal submissions)

PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 15, 2008
Notification of selection: Mid-May 2008

Theme:  EXPLORING SLA: PERSPECTIVES, POSITIONS, AND PRACTICES

Plenary speakers:
- Dr. Harald Clahsen (University of Essex)
- Dr. Alan Firth (Newcastle University)
- Dr. Eva Lam (Northwestern University)
- Dr. Richard Schmidt (University of Hawai'i at Manoa)

We welcome all areas of second language research, including, but not
limited to:
- Instructed SLA
- Acquisition of grammar and phonology
- Child SLA
- L2 Processing
- Language and learner characteristics
- Language and cognition
- Discourse and interaction
- Language and socialization
- Bilingualism and multilingualism
- Language and ideology
- Literacy development
- Learner corpora
- Language learning and technology
- Second language measurement

1) PAPERS:
Individual papers will be allotted 20 minutes (plus 10 minutes for
discussion).

2) POSTERS:
Posters will be displayed for a full day.  Posters are intended for
one-on-one discussion or reports of work in progress.

3) COLLOQIUA:
The colloquia/panels consist of individual paper presentations that relate
to a specific or related topics of interest.  They are offered in 2-hour
sessions.

Please see our website for complete proposal submission instructions and
additional updates:  http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/slrf08/.

Deadline for submissions is April 15, 2008.

For any proposal submission questions, please contact the SLRF 2008
Program Chairs at [log in to unmask]

  N           National Foreign Language Resource Center
   F          University of Hawai'i
    L         1859 East-West Road, #106
     R        Honolulu HI 96822
      C       voice: (808) 956-9424, fax: (808) 956-5983
              email: [log in to unmask]
VISIT OUR WEBSITE!   http://www.nflrc.hawaii.edu

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.