MACSCRPT Archives

April 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Mark J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:16:49 -0400
Obviously you should do it however you think best.  I apologize if I
caused any confusion.

As for legibility, it's obviously subjective.  I personally find the
"set {x,y} to {y,x}" form much clearer - in the course of reading the
longer version I lose track of the fact that we're just swapping two
elements of the list. Likewise the "repeat with" loop tells me right
up front that we're counting down, so I don't have to decode the
logic.

On 4/13/08, Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Mark J. Reed wrote:
>
> > ?  What higher forms of math?   The math is the same.  All I did was
> > take advantage of a couple AppleScript constructs that cut down on the
> > amount of code required.
>
> Okay....
>
> ....allow me to rephrase my comment. Not so much the 'math', but the
> 'language'. I prefer something closer to REAL English. That's one of
> the virtues of AppleScript; it comes very close to recognizable English.
>
> Thanks Again,
>
> Chuck

Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>