LLTI Archives

March 2008, Week 5

From:
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:14:33 -0400
Here are some possibilities. Not sure if they will help you.

1. http://www.kiddonet.com/kiddonet/comicsPlatform/thecone.html  Through
Internet Explorer, I went to "Tools>>Internet Options>>Languages" and then
added Japanese. I still couldn't type in Japanese on the website, but I
could copy Japanese from the Japanese Word Processor (JWP) that we use and
paste it into the website.

2. http://www.pimpampum.net/bubblr/index.php (uses pictures not graphics)
Can copy and paste after following the changes mentioned under #1.

3. http://quicktoons.com/create Allows copying and pasting as mentioned
above.

4. http://stripgenerator.com/create/  Allows copying and pasting as
mentioned above.

I found these from Larry Ferlazzo's terrific website.
http://larryferlazzo.com/Student%20Work.html#com

I've only included free ones that didn't seem to require creating an
account to get started.

I would love to see some examples of your finished product if you and your
students wouldn't mind sharing.

Good luck.

Peggy Marcy
Supervisor, Language Learning Center
Mt. San Antonio College
1100 N. Grand Ave.
Walnut, CA 91789
(909) 594-5611 x5010
Fax: (909) 468-4128

LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
03/28/2008 10:15 AM
Please respond to
Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

cc

Subject
#8804 help! online comics tool that works with Japanese?

--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 06:42:07 -0400
>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: help! online comics tool that works with Japanese?

Hello,

We have a comics project in a Japanese class that we were hoping to do
with
comiqs.com (rather than downloading a trial of Comic Life for 30 days),
but I
can't get Japanese text input to work with the site. Do any of you know of
how
to get around this, or - failing that - another Web-based comics site that
accepts Japanese text input. A Web-based solution would be far preferably
the local trial solution.

I need to figure out our plan by Monday at the latest, so any quick
information
any of you have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Samantha

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.