LLTI Archives

March 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:27:25 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Todd Marshall-Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:40:04 -0500
>From: Todd Marshall-Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: German Spell Check

Hi,

Recently one of the professors returned from Germany with a spell
checking program from Duden (major publisher of dictionaries in
Germany). This one is version 4.00 (build 1301)

We installed it on a laptop running Windows XP Pro using MS Word 2007.
When using this spell checker we noticed less than precise detection of
errors.

Has anyone had this experience?  Can anyone recommend freeware for spell
checking in German.

We got info on Language Pack uTorrent but do not know if it is reliable.

Thanks,

Todd M-Taylor

--
Todd Marshall-Taylor