LLTI Archives

March 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:19:42 -0400
>Faculty in our Spanish Department have an interest in using the software
>package 'Tell Me More' next semester, and we have found both the site
>and lab license annual fees to be outside our budget.  Can anyone
>recommend a substitute package for drill and practice exercises that
>would be less than $5000?

We sell the "retail" versions of Tell Me More -
not networkable, but the package "Instant
Immersion Spanish Deluxe has the Beginning,
Intermediate and Advanced levels for $45.00
(version 5 of Tell Me More) and the "Instant
Immersion Spanish Platinum" package has version 6
of the Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced
Levels with 8 audio cds for oral comprehension
for $125.00 - if you want Castillian Spanish.
The networkable version has more exercises, but
these bundles have enough for most schools and universities.

For Mexican Spanish, there is no better program
than "Learn to Speak Spanish" for $34.95 - 4
cd-roms and an audio cd - grammar goes all the
way to the subjunctive and it includes speech
recognition and assessment - some of the
activities you click on the right answer, others
are true and false, others you give the answer
verbally and others you spell it out. Very
entertaining - but again, not networkable.

There is also "Spanish Grammar Tutor" we sell for
$145.00 for an UNLIMITED site license (for one
building on campus) - grammar goes to the
subjunctive and is totally editable - add exercises on any topic you want.

Email me off list if you need more information or
want to preview any of these for 30 days.

               \\\|///
              (o o)
+---oOO-----(_)-----------------+

| Cindy Shapiro Tracy
| President
| World of Reading, Ltd.
| P.O. Box 13092
| Atlanta, GA 30324-0092
|
| Toll Free (800) 729-3703
| Phone (404) 233-4042
| Fax (404) 237-5511
| E-Mail [log in to unmask]
| http://www.wor.com

|"Discover a foreign language
| and rediscover your own!"
|
| Monolingualism can be cured!
|
| Give your child the words of the world
| Regale a sus hijos las palabras del mundo que les rodea
| Ha'aniku le'yelade'ikhem et milot ha'olam
| Donnez a votre enfant les mots du monde
| De ao seu filho as palavras do mundo
| Donu al via infano la vortojn de la mondo
| Regala a tuo figlio le parole del mondo
| Schenk deinem Kind die Sprachen der Welt!
| Sekai no kotoba wo, otaku no okosama ni dohzo
| Gee u kind die woorde van die wereld

         |__||__|
           ||   ||
          ooO Ooo