LLTI Archives

March 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:28:41 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Stella Derum <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:58:16 -0500
>From: Stella Derum <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: SANS Inc. Announces New Versions of Sony Virtuoso/Soloist Software
>To: [log in to unmask]

SANS Inc.
10 White Wood Lane
North Branford, CT 06471

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 4, 2008

SANS Inc. Announces New Versions of Sony Virtuoso(tm)  and Sony Soloist(R)
Software Providing More Interactivity and a Technology Migration Path for
Language Programs

...North Branford, Connecticut....SANS Inc., the developer and exclusive
licensor of Sony language learning software solutions, has just released
Version 8.0 of the Sony Virtuoso and Sony Soloist Language Learning
Instructional Software suite.  The latest enhancements to this already robust
technology provide more intuitive instructional control giving language
educators simpler ways to effectively interact with students.

According to Ron Remschel, SANS President, "Our goal is to continually
progress in the development of the SANS and Sony software to provide
features that make sense for language instructors and students.  By making
the software more intuitive, the focus for language educators is less on
the "buttons" to push and more on the business of language teaching and
helping their students to build core language skills."

As interactivity between the instructor and students is key in every language
classroom, the latest versions of the Sony Soloist and Sony Virtuoso software
include new ways to easily work with pairs or groups of students.  These
include new text note options, simultaneous monitoring of multiple student PC
screens, and easy instructor launch and close of content files. Additionally,
new and enhanced class organization and time management tools maximize
productivity.

To introduce more schools to the Sony instructional technology, SANS has
developed varying levels of the software.  A new combination of the Sony
Virtuoso Minor instructor software and Sony Soloist Brevi digital comparative
recorder software, represent a mid-level language learning system.  As with all
of the software provided by SANS, this system can be seamlessly upgraded to
the next level when program needs require additional features and/or budget
becomes available.  This is one of the key benefits that historically has set
the
Sony and SANS technology apart from that of many other instructional
language technology providers.

About SANS Inc.: SANS Inc, Software and Network Solutions, is the developer
and exclusive worldwide licensor of Sony Language Learning Software. These
titles include the widely used technology solutions of the Sony VirtuosoTM and
Soloist(R) digital language lab software suite. This technology is the
instructional choice of numerous, discerning language programs in the U.S. and
around the world. SANS is committed to providing software solutions that, first
and foremost, address teaching and learning modalities and work within the IT
framework of the school or government agency that is using the technology.
With design and development in the United States, the product development
team responds quickly to the customers' needs and requests. In addition, the
sales and marketing team strives to provide a level of customer support that is
unparalleled in the industry. More at www.sansinc.com.

Virtuoso and Soloist are trademarks of Sony Electronics Inc.  SANS products
incorporate SANS and Sony technology.
# # #

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.