LLTI Archives

March 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:28:39 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Jeff Magoto <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Jeff Magoto <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Pangea Day--Independent filmmakers (and lab directors) unite!
>Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:58:17 -0800

Have other centers signed up to host a Pangea Day viewing?
<http://www.pangeaday.org
 >? If so, maybe we could collaborate on something?
	Pangea (think "connectedness") is a four-hour event on Sat. May 10th,
celebrating independent films from around the world. It's the
brainchild of Jehane Noujaim, the Egyptian American documentary
filmmaker, who won a $100,000 TED "wish" and decided to spend the
money on "world peace"--for starters she proposed a worldwide day of
seeing each other through the eyes of documentary filmmakers.
	And while our center's humble lounge will not rival the outdoor
theaters being set up in Cairo and Rio and 350 other places in 60
countries, it seems like a nice way to bring  people into our center
(or possibly outside the center) on a Saturday in May for a good cause.

Regards, Jeff

Jeff Magoto
Director, Yamada Language Center
University of Oregon