MACSCRPT Archives

March 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:20:38 -0500
On Mar 4, 2008, at 10:56 AM, Emmett Gray wrote:

> I've found a bug (10.4.11) which is probably still in Leopard since
> I looked at the Leopard bug fix technote and it's not mentioned.
> I've reported the bug to Apple.

Looks like it is fixed in leopard.  Not to surprising since the old
system event osax was built on top of FSRefs which are deprecated in
Leopard.

> If the target folder of the "list folder" command has a name longer
> than 32 characters you get a "bad filename" error. I can't use the
> Finder to get the info because the very reason I'm needing the
> command for is to force the lazy Finder to update the contents of
> the folder!

I use touch to update the folder.

set aFolder to choose folder
do shell script "touch "&quoted form of posix path of aFolder

-Mark
Who likes touching folders.