MACSCRPT Archives

March 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jan Hendrikx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 17:26:08 -0500
	Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply, it made me look again, and I think I found out
what was going on. First of all, you are completely right, even
though the "Printer Setup Utility" is no longer present in Leopard,
you can apparently still call it in a script. The reason why my
script was not working is that it seems that Tiger and Leopard use
different naming schemes for the assigned printers. I was trying to
set a shared printer on a colleague's computer to the current printer.

In Tiger I could simply set the current printer to "ZTC LP2844-Z-200dpi".

However, in Leopard this printer shows up as "ZTC LP2844-Z-200dpi @
MyColleaguesComputer".

So if the printer names are hard-coded, the script will fail. That's
what was going on. Thanks everybody for putting up with me!

Kind regards,

Jan Hendrikx
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center