MACSCRPT Archives

March 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 15:19:54 -0500
On Feb 29, 2008, at 6:09 PM, Jan Hendrikx wrote:

> 	Dear Scripters,
>
> I used to have a script for printing labels from Filemaker Pro to a
> special label printer. The script would set the label printer to the
> default printer, print, then set the default printer back to the
> original regular office printer. This script does not work in
> Leopard, and it is entirely unclear to me how to script the default
> printer in Leopard. Has anyone found a solution for this?
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Jan Hendrikx
> Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
> --

tell application "Printer Setup Utility"
	get name of current printer
		"SysEngLanier"
	(*SysEngLanier*)
	set current printer to printer "Sys Eng3"
	get name of current printer
		"Sys Eng3"
	(*Sys Eng3*)
	set current printer to printer "SysEngLanier"
	get name of current printer
		"SysEngLanier"
	(*SysEngLanier*)
end tell

seems to work for me.

-Mark
Wondering why he is reading email on such a lovely spring day