MACSCRPT Archives

March 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Gary (Lists)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:31:42 -0500
"Levon Spradlin" wrote:

>     I am working on something to automate the backup  of a group of Mac
> users¹ Entourage data.

Yeah, I've read that on three lists!

It's not customary to cross-post unless you feel your question didn't get a
response.

At any rate...

> Entourage is not really scriptable

1.) Entourage is incredibly scriptable, so your assessment is incorrect.
It's one of the most scriptable applications I've ever used (that's my email
client for many years.)

2.) There is no need to use the GUI to do this, just duplicate the user's
Identity folder, inside the MUD folder.

That's exactly what Entourage does through its own backup routine.  (It
names the identity with the same name and then a date string, to distinguish
it.)

Nothing more is needed.

--
Gary