MACSCRPT Archives

March 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Levon Spradlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:26:49 -0600
    I am working on something to automate the backup  of a group of Mac
users¹ Entourage data. All are using Office 2004 in 10.4.11. Home folders
are based on Active Directory domain user names, so I made private folders
on an Xserve for each user based on the domain user name. Entourage is not
really scriptable, Export and Archive are not even the library. I have been
working with UI scripting trying to get this sorted, here is what I have so
far. I am pondering setting this script to run from a schedule so there is
minimal user involvement. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

tell application "Finder"
    set userName to displayed name of home
    mount volume "afp://server name/" & userName
    set backupFolder to "Volumes:" & userName & ":Entourage Backup:"
    --delete every file of backupFolder
end tell
activate application "Microsoft Entourage"
tell application "System Events"
    tell process "Entourage"
        click menu item "Export..." of menu 1 of menu bar item "File" of
menu bar 1

        click button 4 of window "Export"

        click button 4 of window "Export"

        try
            click button "Continue" of window 1 --Address book groups cannot
be exported.
        end try

        set value of text field 1 of window "Save" to userName & ".rge"
--Still trying to figure out this part
        --location

        click button "Done" of window "Export"
    end tell
end tell

Levon Spradlin
Technology Manager, Texas Desktop Publishing Support Services
Pearson | Assessment & Information
512-989-5300 x 3989

This email may contain material confidential to
Pearson.  If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.