LLTI Archives

February 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:01:49 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:36:04 -0500
>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8760.6 (!) Xhosa materials?

Thanks to all who replied on and off-list. It looks like next Fall I
will need to help her order Speak Xhosa With Us as a textbook, but
thanks to you I have been able to locate more materials for now.

The UCLA Language Materials Project is a thing of beauty!

Judy Shoaf

> Teachers interested in finding materials for Less Commonly Taught
> Languages should remember to check out the Language Materials Project
> at UCLA:  http://www.lmp.ucla.edu.   I looked under Xhosa and found 6
> listings of authentic materials and 76 listings of teaching
> materials.  This project has been federally funded for years, and is
> extremely thorough;  only those materials are listed that the project
> staff have actually seen.  The site also offers "profiles" on many
> particular language-speaking areas.
>
>          Best,
>                  Nina

>  LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
> Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language
Teaching