MACSCRPT Archives

February 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 14:25:25 +0000
Mark J. Reed wrote:

>> What exactly are you looking for: Apple Event Manager bindings (to
>> control scriptable applications from Lisp)
>
> That.  I apologize for my misuse of terminology.
>

>> Regarding #1: there's no direct bindings that I'm aware of, although
>> you might be able to use one of the available CL-ObjC bridges to
>> access Scripting Bridge (yuk) or objc-appscript. Or you could write
>> your own.
>
> Well, writing my own would be a good way to learn both ends of the
> system.
> :)  Thanks for the reply.

I should probably point out that writing your own bridge from scratch
is a bit of a PITA, even using existing appscript implementations for
reference. However, I'm currently preparing objc-appscript so it can
be used to implement native appscript APIs for languages that already
have ObjC bridges. This should reduce the amount of code you need to
write by about 80% as long as you're happy to build on top of an
existing CL-ObjC bridge.

I'd recommend grabbing a copy of the objc-appscript trunk from svn
along with whatever CL-ObjC bridges you can find and see if you can
access the mid-level AEM API from CL okay (see the aem manual and
sample projects for details). By the time you've done that I should
have the remaining details figured out and will be happy to discuss
how to wrap it with a native high-level API.

has
--
http://appscript.sourceforge.net
http://rb-appscript.rubyforge.org