LLTI Archives

January 2008, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:04:17 -0500
>From: "Bryan Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'LLTI-List'" <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Subject: Two Mics on one PC
>Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:32:06 -0600

With regard to the request to use two headsets on a single computer, SANS
has recently introduced the DuoBox (TM).
The DuoBox (TM) connects to the computer via USB so two students in a
language lab or PC lab can connect via
headsets to one PC. This enables students to share audio files from a single
PC, server,
or external audio source. For example, in a language lab with Sony Virtuoso$FA
and Sony
Soloist(R) software, both students can listen to the same audio program,
engage in
conversational activities, and save recordings for review and assessment by
the
instructor. The DuoBox is a great option with cost and space saving
benefits.

DuoBox to PC
$F0 Simple Connectivity:
	$F6 Direct USB connection from the DuoBox unit to the PC
	$F6 3.5MM Headphone and Mic connection to the DuoBox unit
$F0 Individual Microphone and Speaker Volume Control
$F0 Individual Mix button connects both headset microphones
$F0 Individual On/Off Microphone Switch
$F0 Headset microphones are separated with individual sidetone,
  allowing each student to hear their own voice

For more information, contact your SANS reseller or you can contact me
directly.

Bryan Ellis
National Sales Manager
SANS Inc.
"Exclusive Licenser of Sony Language Learning Software"

972-871-7222
www.sansinc.com

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.